(Last Updated On: November 1, 2020)
Using CPU affinity, you can assign a virtual machine to a specific processor. This allows you to restrict the assignment of virtual machines to a specific available processor in multiprocessor systems.
- Browse to the virtual machine in the vSphere Client.
- To find a virtual machine, select a data center, folder, cluster, resource pool, or host.
- Select VMs.
- Right-click the virtual machine and click Edit Settings.
- Under Virtual Hardware, expand CPU.
- Under Scheduling Affinity, select physical processor affinity for the virtual machine.Use ‘-‘ for ranges and ‘,’ to separate values.For example, “0, 2, 4-7” would indicate processors 0, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
- Select the processors where you want the virtual machine to run and click OK.